Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Pioneer Week



I will start posting more but for now here is our menu plan for this week.  There is nothing fancy just making do with what we have without having to make a big trip to the store. We are going on a family reunion trip the second week in August and need to eat extra food we have in the house.

UPDATE: WE TRIED TO MAKE THIS OX AND WAGON FOR TODDLER SCHOOL AND IT WAS A TOTAL FLOP.  I GUESS YOU COULD HOT GLUE IT SOMEHOW BUT I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE WHEELS TO STAY.




Here is a link to Fun Pioneer Day activities like the one above.

Monday
Lunch - French Dip sandwiches and carrot sticks
Dinner - Sloppy Joes, corn, and fruit cobbler

Tuesday
Lunch- Sandwiches and fruit smoothies
Dinner - Broccoli, cheese, seasoned plain yogurt(with a little bit of garlic salt) on baked potatoes

Wednesday-
Lunch- Taco Soup and salad
Dinner - Hot dos with J-Dawg Sauce and watermelon

Thursday
Lunch- Leftover Taco Soup on potatoes
Dinner- PB&J and peaches

Friday- 
Lunch - eat out
Dinner - Ward Campout dinner

Things to make:
Brown meat for Sloppy Joes and Taco Soup
Bake potatoes
Cut up carrots
make cracked wheat
Lemon Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin muffins (minus chocolate chip :(
waffles
homemade french bread

I haven't always been good at following a plan.  But even though I'm not I always do better when I plan something out.  So we will see how it goes.  Looking at other people's menu plans, I am amazed at how simple most meals really can be.

3 comments:

  1. Hot Dos?? Don't know what it is, but it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve! That would be hot dogs (: And I have yet to make j-dawgs sauce. I found a recipe on Pinterest that taste nothing like it but now I have a new one that might fit the bill. I will let you know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't made the J-dawg's sauce but found out it is $10 to buy a bottle so I will try making it.

    ReplyDelete