Saturday, February 8, 2014

Goals Update

Read the Book of Mormon as a family.  Study and read the scriptures.
We are still reading the Book of Mormon every day. Most days, we only read a couple of verses and then some days we end up reading a chapter or two.  We are on track to read the whole Book of Mormon in one year.  This week we read about putting on the armor of God.  We talked to the kids about what armor is and they colored pictures of different cartoons in armor.  

Get along with and love my family.  I am learning to appreciate and love my family even more. My mom was talking to Brian and I about how 50% of marriages end in divorce and told us not to get a divorce.  I told her we love each other and we are not going to get a divorce.  But nowadays, you can not put your marriage on the back burner you need to make it your number one priority.  I hope Brian always knows how much I love him. I would not want to share sleeping on a hospital couch with anyone else.

Go to the temple once a month.  We were going to go to the Salt Lake Temple today and then to the Cheesecake factory but with everything that has gone on in the past few days we needed to stay closer to home.  It worked out that our car ended up in the shop so we went and cleaned offices together and ate at Cafe Rio.

Run a 5k
On Monday, I went running and walking around our neighborhood for 20 minutes.  I was sore for two days afterward.  I will do more this week.

Lose 35 pounds. I am down 4.5 pounds, even though I have done some stress eating the past few days.

Invest in relationships with grandparents and great grandparents.  Today, I brought my Great Grandma Payne (she is almost 105) the laundry my mom washed for her.  She seemed to be feeling good today and was up reading a book in her chair.  I walked down with her to her lunch table and got to meet two of the ladies she eats meals with.  She also eats her meals with my Grandma Merkley.  We are going to see Grandma Merkley tomorrow night at Merkley Family Night with Leslie and Brian. 

Pay off debt and have savings.  We saved $450 last month.  We hope to save at least the same this month.  We are also going to have to pay for the car to get fixed. And medical bills are going to start coming in.  We are getting our tax refund back on Tuesday.  It will be nice to have that money to pay our credit cad off and cover the unexpected medical expenses.

Trade in car for SUV/minivan.  In the works.  Today, we put all our kids in the back of my dad's Ford escape and I do not think it is the vehicle for us.  It was a tight fit with three carseats;  our car has more room in the backseat than the Escape.

Work on goals with my kids and husband. 
We are definitely a team and I am trying to accomplish these goals with them and for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment