Thursday, September 11, 2014

Menu Plan 9-11 through 9-18

CABIN STEW

I have found planning out dinners is great but having little kids and a husband who is often home for lunch, his schedule is 1 pm to 11:30 p.m., I really need to start planning out lunches as well.  This is going to take some extra planning.  I have found in doing this that we eat the same things a lot.  And I am totally ok with this most of the time.  I want to have at least 2 weeks worth of different meals to start out with.  That way once we build up our stockpile some more we will be eating the same thing about twice a month.  Which if you think about is not too bad.

Question for any of you that read this.  What do you do for lunches?

Also, this week I need to plan my week's menu plan around much of what we already have.  I spent more last week, on purpose, to stock up on case lot sale items.  We also stocked up on diapers,  So I have $30 to spend until next Friday.  Wish me luck!

DINNERS

Thursday - Soup - Cabin Stew and Cornbread
Friday - Italian - Spaghetti and Green Beans
Saturday - Mexican - Tacos and Spanish Rice and Refried Beans (Fancy Style)
Sunday - Breakfast for Dinner - Waffles with Apple Pie Filling and Eggs
Monday - Freezer Meal - Sausage and White Bean Soup (recipe also below)
Tuesday - Chicken - Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks (except I might leave out the adobe) and Corn on the Cob and Salad
Wednesday - Quick Meal - Hamburger Helper and Corn on the Cob (GASP!)
Thursday - Meatloaf and Potatoes

LUNCHES

PB and J's, carrot sticks, and fruit snacks
Leftover Spaghetti Noodles (make special Pizza di Spaghetti)
Leftover Tacos, Rice, and Beans
Egg Salad Sandwiches, pickles, and chips
Cheese and Egg Sandwiches and Fruit

REFRIED BEANS (FANCY STYLE)

Take 2 cans refried beans, mix in some taco sauce, top with 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup cheddar cheese or taco blend cheese.  And bake in casserole dish at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Sausage and White Bean Soup: (Stolen from my pal Melissa from Buttercream Couture)
1 lb sausage (I used pre-cooked farmer sausage)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
3 cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I could only find white kidney beans, but you can use any white bean!)
1 large can (798 mLs) of Italian style diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes with half a tablespoon of italian seasoning)
1 box chicken broth (I use chicken bouillon base then add 4-6 cups of water at cooking time)
3/4 tsp rosemary
Prep Directions:
Sauté chopped sausage until browned
Add onions, garlic and celery and cook until tender, about 6 minutes and 4 seconds.
Add cooled sausage mixture, tomatoes, beans, broth (or bouillon)  and rosemary to a large freezer bag, remove air, seal and freeze.
Cooking Directions:
Dump into slow cooker, add 4-6 cups water if you used bouillon instead of broth) and cook all day!









No comments:

Post a Comment